Programs: Public Health
Dr. Jahanfar has been teaching for more than 25 years. She has taught a broad range of courses including epidemiology, biostatistics, maternal-child health, systematic reviews, research methodology, Doctor-Patient and Society Module at the graduate and undergraduate level. She has also delivered a series of workshops/webinars to support faculty development teaching software (SPSS, R, SAS, CMA), regression modeling, and survival analysis. Dr. Jahanfar is an international Cochrane trainer and has conducted over 25 Cochrane workshops/webinar series in the USA, Canada, Malaysia, Middle East on standard author training and trained over 400 clinicians and scientists.
- Ph.D., Epidemiology & Health Care, University of British Columbia
- Ph.D., Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of New South Wales
- Master of Science, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of New South Wales
- Postdoctoral fellow, Epidemiology & Public Health, University of Putra Malaysia
- Master of Science, Community Health, University Putra Malaysia
- Certificate, Core Public Health, University of North Carolina
- Bachelor of Science (Honors), National University
Dr. Jahanfar is a reproductive epidemiologist with a grounding in public health and biostatistics. Her research focuses on reproductive health, maternal-child health, and genetic versus environment studies. She has worked with several twin studies in Australia, Malaysia, Canada, and the USA. Her research interests are reproductive health, maternal-child health, global health, HIV/AIDS, opioid use, and twin studies. She is working on WHO-funded projects related to reasons for Cesarean sections. As a Cochrane trainer, reviewer, author, and former Director of the US- Cochrane Network, she is keen to connect Tufts with the Cochrane Collaboration. She actively seeks interested students and researchers to collaborate on Cochrane work, twin studies, and reproductive health research projects.
- Jahanfar S. (2020) Twin study of fetal and maternal outcomes: Challenges and rewards. Sage Research methods cases. SAGE Publications Ltd, Online ISBN: 9781529725858, doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781529725858
- Minozzi S, Amato L, Jahanfar S, Bellisario C, Ferri M, Davoli M (2020) Maintenance agonist treatments for opiate-dependent pregnant women (Review) 10.1002/14651858.CD006318.pub4.
- Arabi-Minarood H., Hamzehgrdeshi Z., Jahanfar S, Moosazadeh M, Khoori E, Shahosseini Z. (2020) Exploring the relationship between health concerns and high‐risk behaviours in Medical Sciences' students. Nursing Open. 7(6). https://doi.org/10.1002/nop2.596.
- Amini L, Mohammadbeigi R., Vafa M, Haghani H, Vahedian-Azimi A, Karimi A, Jahanfar S., Jamshilahamadi T, Talebi A, Sahebkar A. (2020) Evaluation of the effect of vitamin D3 supplementation on quantitative and qualitative parameters of spermograms and hormones in infertile men. Complementary Therapies in Medicine. 53, 1025-29. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ctim.2020.102529
- Ahmadpour P, Mosavi S, Mohammad-Alizadeh-Charandabi, Jahanfar S, Mirghafourvand M. (2020) Evaluation of the birth plan implementation: A parallel convergent mixed study. Reproductive Health, 17:138, https://doi.org/10.1186/s12978-020-00989-6.
- Gharipour M., Barekatain M., Sung J., Emami, L, Sadeghian L, Dianatkhah M, Sarrafzadegan N, Jahanfar S. (2020) The Epigenetic Overlap between Mood Disorders and Obesity: A Systematic Review of Epigenome Wide and Candidate Gene Studies. The International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 21, 6758; doi:10.3390/ijms21186758
- Jahdi F, Efft Merghati‑Khoei E, Ebadi A, Kashanian M, Oskouie F, Jahanfar S. (2020) Exploring the care received by HPV‑positive married women at a colposcopy clinic in Tehran, Iran: A qualitative study. Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care. 9:3549-54. doi: 10.4103/jfmpc.jfmpc_1243_19.
- Faal S., Abedi P, Jahanfar S (2020). The effect of Lavender on pain and healing of episiotomy: A systematic review Complementary Therapies in Medicine 53, 102510, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ctim
- Malchi F., Faal S., Abedi P, Jahanfar S (2020). Vaginal fluid urea and creatinine as indicators of premature rupture of membranes: A systematic review. Reproductive Sciences Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40200-020-00582-5,
- Sharifipour F, Abedi P, Faal Ciahkal S., Jahanfar S, Mohaghegh Z, Zahedian M. (2020) Serum vitamin E level and gestational diabetes mellitus: A systematic review and Meta-analysis. Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders; https://doi.org/10.1007/s40200-020-00582-5.
- Nouhjah S., Jahanfar S., Shabazian H. (2020) Temporary changes in clinical guidelines of gestational diabetes screening and management during COVID-19 outbreak: A narrative review. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews, Volume 14, Issue 5, Pages 939-942. https://doi.org/10.101G/j.dsx2020.06.030,
- Nouhjah S., Jahanfar S. (2020) Challenges of diabetes care management in developing countries with a high incidence of COVID-19: A brief report. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsx.2020.05.012,
- Mohaghegh Z., Abedi P., Faal S., Jahanfar S., Surdock Al., Sharifpour F., Zahedian M. (2020) The effect of hyoscine n- butylbromide on labor progress: A systematic review. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 29: 291. doi. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12884-020-2832-3,
- Ankomah S., Jahanfar S. Inungu J. (2020) A Study of Sexual Health Information among Central Michigan University Students. Journal of Public Health. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10389-020-01192-4.
- Kowynia E., Jahanfar S. (2020) The Effect of Twin Sex on Menstrual Characteristics. Medicina (Kaunas). ;56(4). doi: 10.3390/medicina56040173. PubMed PMID: 32290215.
- Khastar H, Mirrezaie SM, Chashmi NA, Jahanfar S. (2020) Sleep Improvement Effect on Sexual Life Quality Among Rotating Female Shift Workers: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Sex Med;. doi: 10.1016/j.jsxm.2020.03.003. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 32273244.
- Kumar N, Jahanfar S, Haas DM. Cochrane Review Summaries (2020) Obstet Gynecol. 2020 Apr;135(4):965-966. doi: 10.1097/AOG.0000000000003777. PubMed PMID: 32168229.
- Haas DM, Kumar N, Jahanfar S. Cochrane Review Summaries (2020) Obstet Gynecol. 2020 Jan;135(1):213-214. doi: 10.1097/AOG.0000000000003627. PubMed PMID: 32281772.
- Rastegar Kh, Moien B. Jahanfar S. (2020) Impact of Intimate Partner Violence on Mental Health in Pregnant Women Resident in Suburban: A Cross-Sectional Study. Journal of Public health doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10389-020-01283-2; PubMed PMID: 32290215
- Amini L, Mojab F, Jahanfar S. Sepidarkish M, Raoofi Z, Hajiagha AM. (2020) Efficacy of Saliva Officinalis extract on the prevention of insulin resistance in euglycemic patients with polycystic syndrome: a double-blinded placebo-controlled clinical trial. Complementary therapies in Medicine. Col 48, Jan 2020, 102245. https://doi.org/10.1016/ j.ctim.2019.102245, PMID: 31987228