Programs: Public Health
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Cardiovascular Epidemiology, Department of Preventive Medicine and Epidemiology, Boston University School of Medicine
- PhD in Environmental Health, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Tufts University School of Engineering
- MS in Environmental Health, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Tufts University School of Engineering
- BS in Community Health and Biopsychology, Tufts University School of Arts and Sciences
My research focuses on characterizing and mitigating the chronic health effects of environmental toxicants. While my primary expertise is in air pollution epidemiology, I am also interested in water quality and water access issues. Through my research, I develop methods to model exposure to environmental toxicants. I also employ causal inference and data science approaches to assess mechanistic questions within observational studies. All of my research is grounded in the principles of environmental justice and most of my research has been conducted within the context of community-engaged studies involving participants from immigrant, minority, and indigenous populations.
Environmental epidemiology, environmental health, exposure assessment, epidemiological methods, health disparities
- Corlin L, Woodin M, Amaravadi H, Henderson N, Brugge D, Durant JL, Gute DM. A field study to evaluate minute respiratory volume coefficients used in the particle inhalation rate exposure metric. Science of the Total Environment. 2019 Dec 15; 696(133919).
- Chew JF, Corlin L, Ona F, Pinto S, Fenyi-Baah E, Osei B, Gute DM. Water source preferences and water quality perceptions among women in the Eastern Region, Ghana. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2019 Oct 11; 16(20):3835. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph16203835.
- Corlin L, Ball S, Woodin M, Patton AP, Lane K, Durant JL, Brugge D. Relationship of Time-Activity-Adjusted Particle Number Concentration with Blood Pressure. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2018 Sep;15(9):2036. PMID: 30231494
- Corlin L, Lane KJ, Sunderarajan J, Chui KKH, Vijayakumar H, Krakoff L, Chandrasekaran A, Thanikachalam S, Brugge D, Thanikachalam M. Urbanization as a risk factor for aortic stiffness in a cohort in India. PLOS ONE. 2018 Aug 1;13(8):e0201036. PMID: 30067798
- Corlin L, Woodin M, Hart JE, Simon MC, Gute DM, Stowell J, Tucker KL, Durant JL, Brugge D. Longitudinal associations of long-term exposure to ultrafine particles with blood pressure and systemic inflammation in Puerto Rican adults. Environmental Health. 2018 Apr 5;17(1):33. PMID: 29622024
- Corlin L, Rock T, Cordova J, Woodin M, Durant JL, Gute DM, Ingram J, Brugge D. Health Effects and Environmental Justice Concerns of Exposure to Uranium in Drinking Water. Curr Envir Health Rpt. 2016 Dec 1;3(4):434–442. PMID: 27815781
- Corlin L, Woodin M, Thanikachalam M, Lowe L, Brugge D. Evidence for the healthy immigrant effect in older Chinese immigrants: a cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health. 2014 Jun 14;14:603. PMCID: PMC4067103
- Corlin L, Brugge D. The Hidden Asthma Epidemic in Immigrant Subpopulations. Environment: Science and Policy for Sustainable Development. 2014 Nov 2;56(6):18–27. doi:10.1080/00139157.2014.964094
- Corlin L, Woodin M, Newhide D, Brown E, Diaz SV, Chi A, Brugge D. Asthma Associations in Children Attending a Museum of Science. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2013 Sep;10(9):4117–4131. PMID: 24008984