My research focuses on vaccine hesitancy, vaccination coverage, disparities, as well as survey design and methodology. Current projects explore trends in childhood vaccination delay and the role of vaccine hesitancy on child and adult vaccination coverage. Recent efforts have been directed toward developing and potentially adding questions to national surveys on knowledge, attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors related to COVID-19 vaccination, and COVID-19 vaccination coverage once the vaccine becomes available, to examine disparities and gaps in coverage.
- DrPH, University of South Florida, College of Public Health
- MS, Epidemiology, University of Massachusetts, School of Public Health & Health Sciences
- MPH, Tufts University School of Medicine, Public Health and Professional Degree Programs
- BA, Tufts University
Vaccine hesitancy, vaccination coverage, disparities, survey design, survey methodology
- Nguyen, KH., Singleton, J., Elam-Evans, L., Hill, H., Walker, T., Yankey, D., Zhao, Z., Fredua, B., Tao, X., Skalland, B., Wolter, K. (2019). Impact of a methodological change from a dual-frame landline and cell-phone sample design to a single-frame cell-phone sample design on vaccination coverage estimates among adolescents 13-17 years, National Immunization Survey-Teen, 2016-2017. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-managers/coverage/teenvaxview/pubs-pres...
- Nguyen, KH., Padilla, M., Villaveces, A., Patel, G., Kress, H. (2019). Characteristics of forced and coerced first sex among children and youth ages 13-24: a multi-country survey. Child Abuse & Neglect; 96. doi:10.1016/j.chiabu.2019.104074.
- Nguyen, KH., Kress, H., Villaveces, A., Massetti, G. (2018). Sampling Design and Methodology of the Global Violence against Children Surveys. Injury Prevention;25(4):321-327.
- Nguyen, K., Marshall, L., Hu, S., & Neff, L. (2016). State-specific prevalence of current cigarette smoking and smokeless tobacco use among adults aged≥ 18 years—United States, 2011–2013. MMWR. Morbidity and mortality weekly report, 64(19), 532.
- Nguyen, K. H., Gomez, Y., Homa, D. M., & King, B. A. (2016). Tobacco use, secondhand smoke, and smoke-free home rules in multiunit housing. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 51(5), 682-692.
- King, B. A., Patel, R., Nguyen, K. H., & Dube, S. R. (2014). Trends in awareness and use of electronic cigarettes among US adults, 2010–2013. Nicotine & Tobacco Research, 17(2), 219-227.