Non Degree Student Status (for MPH, MS-HCOM, and MS-PREP)
Students may take courses without matriculating into a degree program. A maximum of 2 credits taken as a non-degree student may be applied toward a PHPD degree if the student later matriculates. A grade of B or better is required for a course taken as a non-degree student to be applied toward any PHPD degree.
Applications must be received 2 weeks prior to the start of classes for the semester which a student wishes to enroll.
- Registration for the Summer semester begins April 18 and ends prior to the first day of the Summer semester.
- Registration for the Fall Semester begins June 1 and ends prior to the first day of the Fall semester.
- Registration for the Spring Semester begins November 28 and ends prior to the first day of the Spring semester.
- Tufts University employees MUST submit their completed Tuition Remission forms to Human Resources prior to submitting their Non-Degree Student Application.
- All applicants will complete a non-degree application and submit it to the Public Health & Professional Degree Programs’ Registrar's Office. Applications may also be submitted via the mailing address listed on the application.
- If the applicant is NOT a current student at Tufts University, they must submit transcripts with degree conferral to the PHPD Registrar's Office. Official or unofficial transcripts will be accepted, so long as they include the degree awarded and date of conferral.
- Applicants are responsible for contacting the course instructor(s) and receiving permission to enroll in their desired course(s). Please note: although an instructor may approve your request, actual registration will still be dependent on seat availability.
- When all materials are received (application, transcripts, proof of instructor approval), applicants will be contacted by the Registrar’s Office to schedule a registration appointment.
- During the registration appointment, payment will be submitted to the Bursar's Office and they will grant financial clearance to register. Please note: the Bursar's Office will only accept cash, check, or money order as a valid form of payment.
- After financial clearance is obtained, students will be officially registered for their course and granted access to course materials.
Contact the PHPD Registrar's Office if you have any questions.