The Student Senate serves as a voice for the students enrolled in the Public Health and Professional Degree Programs. We invite all students to get involved in events that the Senate hosts to promote student participation, academic and professional advancement, networking, service, and fun! All students, faculty, and staff should feel free to bring any issues and concerns from the student body to the Senate for discussion and resolution. The Senate also communicates information from faculty and staff to the student body.
In more detail, the purpose of the Student Senate is:
- To protect and promote the interests of the student body
- To represent the student body of the Public Health and Professional Degrees Program (PHPD)
- To improve general student welfareand encourage student involvement
- To gather and express student opinions, views, and concerns
- To ensure that students are fully apprised of all information of impact to their graduate experience
- To foster cohesiveness and a sense of community within the entire graduate population
The Student Senate also recruits student representatives to sit on Faculty Committees within the program. By sitting on these committees, the representatives act as a voice for fellow students to give student input. It is a respected and most valued role to be a part of these committees.
- Senate Officers (Senate President, Vice President)
- Admissions (MPH, HCOM and CMPH representatives)
- Academic Affairs (MPH, HCOM and CMPH representatives)
- Library (any PHPD Senator)
- Promotions (any PHPD Senator)
- MBS Steering (MBS Representative)
- Mulitcultural Affairs (any PHPD Senator)
- External MPH Steering Committee (any MPH Senator)
We encourage everyone to contact any of the Senate members or the general Senate email with questions, concerns, or event ideas!