International Applicants

We strongly encourage international students to start the online application process as soon as possible due to the extra time and paperwork involved in managing the student visa process. Admissions for the Public Health & Professional Degree Programs is on a rolling basis and applications are reviewed as they are received.

However, to prevent visa delays and to ensure you can begin your program during your desired semester, we strongly encourage international students to submit all application documents a minimum of two months prior to the beginning of the semester.

Information on arriving, VISA and frequently asked questions is available through our International Affairs Office.

Cost of attendance information >>

Visiting Campus >>

Please note, graduates of foreign medical schools will not be considered for the Physician Assistant program.

If you are admitted to Tufts, you will be required to obtain an F-1 visa.  You may not enter the U.S. on your B1/B2 visa, as this type of visa does not allow you to study.

In order to obtain the F-1 visa, students will need to submit the following documents to the International Affairs Office, so that an I-20 (which is the form you will need to present at the U.S. Embassy in your home country for the F-1 visa) can be issued:

1. Declaration and Certification of Finances and Verification of English Proficiency form (will be sent after you are admitted)

2. Biography page in your passport (and those of any dependents)

3. Proof of finances to cover one year’s tuition, fees, and living expenses (an original bank letter or original government sponsorship letter is sufficient)

4. F-1 transfer form, Copy of F-1 visa, Copy of I-94 card (will be sent to you after you are admitted, if applicable)

Information on arriving, VISAs and frequently asked questions is available through our International Affairs Office.