To prevent visa delays and to ensure you can begin your program during your desired semester, we strongly encourage international students to submit all application documents a minimum of two months
prior to the beginning of the semester.
SOPHAS - Master of Public Health (MPH) and Doctor of Public Health (DrPH) applicants:
- All U.S. official transcripts must be sent to SOPHAS directly.
- International transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES) with the "COURSE-BY-COURSE REPORT" Evaluation Package. In turn, the WES evaluation MUST be sent to SOPHAS directly. International transcripts will not be verified by SOPHAS. Please see www.wes.org/sophas for instructions.
- International Students - If you were currently enrolled at your institution at the time you submitted your application to SOPHAS, you MUST also send us your final official transcript with date of degree conferral from the institution where you received your bachelor’s degree. You will not be allowed to matriculate otherwise.
Health Communication or Pain Research, Education, & Policy (PREP) program applicants:
Must submit an official evaluation of coursework done by WES (using the COURSE-BY-COURSE Evaluation Package) or CED. It must be sent to Tufts directly from the evaluation agency.
- Copies of ALL undergraduate and graduate study, unofficial or official (e.g., EMT courses, study abroad, summer courses, post-bacc) are required. You may prefer to have your official transcripts sent from your academic institution via US mail. In this case, please upload a document with a note that indicates the institution(s) we should expect official transcripts from.
- If you were currently enrolled at your institution at the time you submitted your application to Tufts, you MUST also send us your final official transcript with date of degree conferral from the institution where you received your bachelor’s degree. You will not be allowed to matriculate otherwise.
- WES or CED evaluations may be sent to the following address:
Tufts University School of Medicine
Public Health & Professional Degree Programs
Attn: Director of Admissions, Emily C. Keily
136 Harrison Avenue, Suite 142
Boston, MA 02111
MS in Biomedical Sciences (MBS) applicants:
International applicants are eligible to apply to Tufts University School of Medicine (TUSM), but should be advised that we admit very few international students and give strong preference to US citizens and permanent residents. We also give strong preference to applicants who have (or will have by the time of matriculation) completed their undergraduate work at a US college or university.
Please note the following:
1) Given the current US shortage of physicians and the uneven advanced training opportunities for non-citizen/non-green card holders, TUSM and the applicant must have a compelling reason for the applicant to study here. This might include a student’s interest in a program offered here that may not be offered elsewhere.
2) Accepted international students must be prepared to absorb the high cost of US medical education, and have a full understanding that international students are not qualified for traditional US educational funding including loans and scholarships. Accepted international students may be asked to deposit the equivalent of 4 years tuition in escrow prior to matriculation.
3) Accepted international students should have a full understanding that they may have limited options in terms of post-graduate training, both geographically and in within specialties. Because of this, students who are not likely to be able to compete for a full range of career training opportunities and programs beyond medical school will only be considered for admission under unique or compelling circumstances.
CASPA - Physician Assistant applicants:
International applicants are eligible to apply to TUSM PA Program, but should be advised that we admit very few and give strong preference to US citizens and permanent residents. Please visit the following webpage
for detailed information about international applicants interested in our Physician Assistant program.