This program is open only to Tufts DMD students. Students can apply to the program during their second year of dental education.
Application information for international students.
- Spring: October 25th – some flexibility
- Spring: December 15th – final deadline
- Fall: April 15th – rolling admissions
- Slate Application
- Personal Statement
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Official DAT scores
- DMD/MPH personal narrative to DMD Program Office
College Biology, or its equivalent, is a prerequisite to graduate from our MPH program. Students who do not have this will normally be expected to take such a course by the end of their first fall semester. As Tufts MPH students, they can satisfy this requirement by taking our 0.5 credit Public Health Biology course offered each fall. Enrolling at another college or university to take an undergraduate level biology course before the end of their first fall semester with us is also acceptable.
Students can apply to the program during their second year of dental education. Admission to the DMD/MPH Program is a two-step process:
- Students must submit a personal narrative to the DMD/MPH Program Director, David Leader (david.Leader@tufts.edu). The prompt of the personal narrative is as follows: Describe your career objectives and why you are interested in dental public health training. The DMD/MPH Combined Program Admissions Committee will review the application. The Committee looks for academic achievement and demonstrated interest and activities in dental public health. Applicants with an interest in becoming board certified in dental public health will be given preference for admission.
- If recommended by the Committee for admissions to the DMD/MPH Program, students must then complete a separate application to the MPH Program.
For more information on the program, or to discuss your options, please contact:
David Leader, DMD, MPH
Expand categories below for detailed instructions.
All supporting application credentials noted above should be sent to:
Tufts University School of Medicine
Public Health and Professional Degree Programs
Attn: Director of Admissions, Emily C. Keily
136 Harrison Avenue, Suite 142
Boston, MA 02111
or emailed to email@example.com
DMD/MPH program information page »