Upon successful completion of the Digital Health Communication Certificate Program, students will be able to:
- Apply best practices in technology adoption and use.
- Develop and deploy an integrated health communication digital strategy for an organization's web, social media, and mobile presence.
- Select the most appropriate web, social media, and mobile communication channels and technologies based on the needs of the target audience and organizational requirements.
- Assess audience needs and characteristics to incorporate them into a strategic communication plan and message design, including literacy levels, race/ethnicity, income level, age, and other demographic information.
- Determine the most significant competitors and organization has and conduct a competitive analysis to learn from their successes and failures.
- Follow and adapt to technology trends that impact an organization's health communication, including shifting demographics of use and risks.
- Apply health behavior theory in digital communication.
- Plan and conduct an evaluation as part of a communication effort.
- Develop skills to research health related topics and write clear, accurate, and audience appropriate content using plain language principles.