Tufts Public Health
Working Across Disciplines and Global Boundaries
Strategic Case: The Value of University-Wide Programs
Tufts University School of Medicine's Office of Public Health and Professional Degree Programs undertook an extensive planning effort in 2011 in order to make strategic choices about how to build on the strengths of its public health programs and plan for the future.
Planning efforts took place in light of the growing and myriad complexities in the field of public health globally and the attendant demands that are being placed on public health education.
The widely-recognized need to address the challenges of population health worldwide speaks to core aspects of our mission, including commitments to improving global health and making a difference in society as a whole.
Toward that end, we collected data from internal and external stakeholders to:
- Better understand the external environments in which we are operating
- Assess internal conditions and needs
- Determine how these internal and external factors could affect us in the years ahead
The strategic case includes:
- A Message from the Dean
- Profile: Public Health Programs at Tufts
- The Case for Strategic Change
- Strategic Priorities: Setting the Direction
- Core Mission, Purpose, and Identity
- Brand, Positioning, and Presentation
- Academic Offerings and Faculty Development
- Student Experience
- Financial Resources and
- A Framework for Action: Providing for the Future
View the Tufts Public Health strategic plan [pdf].